Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Where's my effin' pizza?

Frustrating night in nets tonight. Just processing it a bit so I can kiss it goodbye and not let it get to me. I did a lot of things wrong, but this one of those rare nights where I'm gonna play the "didn't get much help" card.

Seemed like 3 out of 4 rushes, my opponents came at me completely unmolested by my team and just had all kinds of time to set up, deke, nancy around in my zone. With my tired legs from playing the third night in a row, I just wasn't up for it physically and I guess I wasn't up for it mentally.

Granted, it was 4 on 4 and I've actually never played behind a 4 in 4 before, so maybe that's something you have to adjust to as a goalie, in terms of how plays tend to unfold? I dunno. But I was getting beat every which way, and even when I got in front of the puck, it hit someplace ouchy. Inner arm, collar bone, shoulder. I don't have enough ice packs tonight. But my knee was gonna win that privilege anyway, as it was hurting from the word Go.

Also? No fucking pizza. Turned out tonight was just a regular rink-run drop-in. So no beer and no pizza. I was so looking forward to that pizza. :( Truth be told, I think not having that carrot dangling at the end of the game was a bit of a let down. Stupid, I know, but you have to manufacture drive sometimes. I was really looking forward to that pizza.

Bahh. Lame night. Weird night. Writing it off right....


wait for it....


wait for ittttt.........



NOW.

1 comments:

Jennifer Hammer  March 23, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

so you were like my goalies with no help? I feel for ya hon.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP