Thursday, September 17, 2009

What what?! It's a Cucko feature article, bitches!

I'm nothing if not consistently themed here at Ms.Conduct, and of course, one of my most favoritest AHLers to harangue is Kris Chucko.

I'm sure he's a good kid, visits cancer children, brings cookies to his elderly neighbors, calls his mama and whatnot, but he was born to be my whipping boy and that's just how life goes sometimes. Really, it's a privilege.

Anyway, Chucko, unfortunately, has been improving. He was much better last year coming off a 07-08 season where he was 100% "really? first round? Wow. Nice going, Flamers." And now, apparently, he's still trying to get in the NHL. *shakes head*

If anyone can appreciate uphill battles, god knows it's me, baby, so I guess I admire his tenacity in the face of stone cold suckiness. Good on him for working on his weakness and making some waves.

But honestly, even if he's skating around with a Stanley Cup in his hands someday, he'll always be a big goober to me. I'll always envision him following Reitzy around the ice trying to start a fight and Reitzy looking at him like, "You've GOT to be out of your mind, Chucko" and blowing him off.

And then there's this gem. John Scott doing what so many have done before...

11 comments:

artandhockey  September 17, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

But he looks so cute with the little fuzzy on his chin.

Ms. Conduct  September 17, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

Nope, he's not. He's just very photogenic. ;)

CatTrick  September 17, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

How about this ... he's cute AND photogenic!

Any word on the Aeros training camp schedule?

Ms. Conduct  September 17, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

I swear, he's not cute in person. And coming from me, about a hockey player, is really saying something.

Nope, no word on camp anything yet, other than the cuts in Minnesota yesterday.

walkinvisible  September 17, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

1. during the game the other night, i asked my co-horts "chucko or schremp ?" and the response was "chucko... at least he seems to be getting better."

2. funny that you wrote about chuckles today and i wrote about your team.... this year is gonna be fu-un.

3. i'm going to the game tonight.... holy eff am i excited !!!
:)

Ms. Conduct  September 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

That's a great toss-up actually. But yeah, amazing Chucko doesn't even have the worst NAME in that matchup, and "Chucko" is a pretty goddamn awful name to be stuck with.

I feel better with Sykora the way you feel worse with us having him. Like maybe he's that little extra bit to get us over the hump occasionally. I'm cautiously optimistic, but maybe I'm just hungry for hockey.

Have FUN tonight!

Andrew J. Ferraro  September 18, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

Nice article and posting the flight there of Chuks getting his ass handed to him.

The only problem I have with that is that the dude would later score only the NINTH goal of the game in a 10-2 loss.

That's right, 10-2.
Only the second time the Aeros allowed a "diaz-spot" and the first time -- ever -- in Houston.

I remember asking Daum about his goalies in that game and he compared them both to something I cannot talk about ... even on the internet.

Daumer, if you see this at some point, it is still the funniest quote I ever got from a coach.

Ms. Conduct  September 18, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

I'll take 10 goals against and a bloody nosed Chucko. Especially that season! Not like that crap was getting any better.

Robbie  September 21, 2009 at 3:11 PM  

chucko was awful in the qc. he just got sent down today by calgary. he has to clear waivers, but i doubt anyone takes him.

the dude put up points last year, but earned very few of them. he was on a line with kyle greentree and jamie lundmark, and they just let chucko come along for the ride. unfortunately, for people that didn't have the 'pleasure' of seeing him play 41 times last year, they might see his point totals and think he was worth a shit. i can promise you that it is absolutely not true.

Ms. Conduct  September 21, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

If I had a camera on my phone, I'd post a picture for you of how big my grin is. I KNEW he still sucked!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP