Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hockey, Bitches!

Ahhhhh.... I just watched professional hockey players play hockey. They skated, they fought, they scored, they saved, they blocked shots... I spent the full 2.5 hours with an ear to ear grin. I just love hockey.

And I forgot how fucking awesome a good penalty kill is. Oh sweet Jesus.

What is weird is watching a game where neither team is the home team. Kings v. Isles in Kansas City. Mostly lukewarm cheers, and not really the most educated crowd as there was a near total lack of appreciation for penalty kills or a good clear or those little things that hockey fans appreciate.

But it really didn't matter. The score didn't matter. Who won fights didn't matter. Even the goalies didn't much matter (Quick vs. Lawson). I was excited to see Lawson as Bourne said he's a good puck mover, though I didn't see a bunch of that tonight, except for one puck that he cleared down the center of the ice. He's a feisty goalie though, and did plenty of hacking and whacking to defend his turf, so that, of course, thrilled me to no end.

Anyway, the Kings won and this guy Sutton on the Islanders is such a meathead and Simmonds is a beast.

Okay, that's all. I'm sleepy. Go hockey. :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP