Monday, September 14, 2009

One down, two to go

Lucky for me, it was a pretty easy night in goal at novice. Not a huge turnout and two of my forwards were drunk, so there were only two lines for each team and that means tired skaters, which means less hard work for the goalies.

The teams were fairly even and I was never without work to do for long. We lost 6-2 (Amanda was in the other net), and a couple of them were real stinkers. The real pisser was one where the top of my pad was tight to the post and the pad was flipped out properly, but at a bit of an angle and there was a gap I didn't know about. Jessica was able to poke it in. Man, that was dumb.

But I had quite a few good stops, especially on some breakaways, where I just shut them down cold. I don't think I got burned on my angles even once, which is a first in a long time. Confidence! I feel like I'm getting some swagger back. I just have to hold on to it for the full 60 minutes.

It was 2-3 going into the third and I was feeling good. But then I let one in that just went right over my pad glove side and I got irritated that I didn't nab it and that just threw me off and I let in the next two shots, though one was a screen.

When it got 6-2, ref says, "Hey, they're getting in your head. Settle down." And I did and was fine the rest of the game. Thanks for that, Dave.

Guzzled my Endurox right after, which actually tasted pretty good. Kind of a creamy orange flavor, so not bad at all and I feel really good right now. Maybe a little too good because I'm WIIIIDE awake and it's ten to 2. Doh.

All in all, one of the better outings I've had at novice for quite some time, but the speed and skill level were a bit lower than usual, it felt to me, so that probably had something to do with it. Mitch is a punk for just showing up for beer after and not skating. Just saying, homes!

Cool thing is that Jessica's aunt was there shooting the game and she's going to provide pics on a CD for us, so maybe I'll finally have some quality shots of me in goal. I'm excited about that because I'm so ridiculously cute in my gear now that it all matches. ;)

Nothing to do with anything, I just have this song stuck in my head tonight:

4 comments:

Sunshine36616  September 14, 2009 at 6:03 AM  

Woo hoo for drunk players!
I can't wait to see some pics!

Nicky Robinson  September 14, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Pretty please post pics when you get them. I got through my practice/pickup yesterday. They lit me up at pickup (since they are 10 billion times better than me) but I still had a lot of stellar saves. They want me back on Tuesday, and I stupidly said yes. Endurox, here I come!

Ms. Conduct  September 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

I tweeted one of the pics here: http://twitter.com/msconduct10/status/3981700986

Good for you surviving the games! Love the Endurox. Though check in tomorrow. Tonight's a shorter game but a lot harder because this group is a solid level or level and a half above me and just wear me out. I definitely pray for the zamboni door to open by the end.

Anonymous  September 14, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

ok... if the endurox is a creamy orange it probably would taste good with vodka ;)

And love the pic on twitter! I wanted to respond this morning but I dont think you can see my at replies.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP