Thursday, September 10, 2009

Praying to the Gods of Groins and Quadriceps

So, the great thing about being a goalie in Houston is that there are so few of us and especially few of us who have the kind of schedule flexibility I have. So even though I suck, the demand is there for live targets. And the patience is there for goalies who are, um, still learning.

Which is how I've managed to line up a 3-in-3 for myself on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Oh boy. Don't tell my legs.

I can't wait though. I'll really just have to buck up and take good care of myself. Otherwise, I'll end up sick by Thursday. It's just how my body works. Overdo it, get sick. You can almost set your watch to it. What a specimen of athleticism I am!

The good/bad thing is that I don't play again for nearly 2 weeks, so that should sufficiently leave the itch scratched for a while. And by the end, I should be fired up to get back at it when I get back home.

3 comments:

artandhockey  September 10, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Maybe his will help to rest:
thttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrgGp2jaafs
Sweet dreams.

Goody  September 11, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

3 in 3? Leave the itch scratched for a while? Maybe, maybe not. It could just get you all pumped for the next time you play - especially if you play well.

You'll probably hate me for relating this... and you'll be highly skeptical, but knowing this guy, he isn't lying. I know a goalie whose reported personal record is 17 games in 7 days!

Ms. Conduct  September 11, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

Trust me, 3 games in 3 days, I'm not gonna play all that well. 2 in 2 leaves me pretty damn tired already.

That's the kind of thing Scott does when his wife and kids are up in Canada. Like if he can find ice, he's playing every night. I think he was playing 5 or 6 games a week.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to play that much. I need a break from it, mentally and physically, to get fired up again. I always play better when I've been away from it a bit.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP