Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Three down. Goalie down.

Raise your hand if you saw this coming after last night's terrifically cocky outing:

Tonight was a nightmare come true. From top to bottom. I was bad. I got absolutely no help, which just made me worse and worse. Deeper and deeper in my crease. I might as well have not even been there in the second half.

It was like I was playing on the moon compared to last night. Jesus H...

I can't even bring myself to try and be funny about it.

Worse even, I got bitchy about it. Now granted, they did come in offside once and score on me, but that was just something for me to focus my frustration on. I was frustrated with myself and just couldn't find a way to cope with it in the moment. Like a goddamn 5 year old. I was not a cool goalie tonight.

Chalk it up as a lesson in mental discipline. Or at least how NOT to do it.

And when I went down, they went top shelf. When I stayed up, they kept it on the ice. My timing was atrocious, I was getting burned back door to start and then I started cheating to cover the pass (I know, I know), so they'd keep it and pick a corner since I was off angle and too deep almost all the time.

In fact, I might have been just as well served to leave the ice entirely and stand behind the net there and take my shirt off and jump up and down. At least that might have made them miss the net.

Can't tell you how many times I looked up and there were 4 darks in a semi-circle in front of me and no white sweaters. Ahh, the joys of drop-in defense. But that doesn't matter. I gotta get out there and make them work harder for their goals.

Also, my left quad and hip were throbbing almost from the start. Hopefully the time I'm about to have off will help get that better, whatever is going on there. The thought of a massage right now brings tears to my eyes at how marvelous it would be. And yet I don't have time before I fly out tomorrow.

Okay. I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep and say some prayers of apology for sullying the good name of goaltending, women's hockey, RBK, Hackva, Memorial City Ice Rink, Korea, the Aeros, etc.

Sing it, Annie!!!

2 comments:

Nicky Robinson  September 16, 2009 at 3:54 AM  

There's something in the air - I sucked out loud, too. To add insult to injury, many of the skaters weren't that good. Didn't matter, tehy scored anyway. The only bright spot was that the Accel Gel I downed before the gmae helped a lot - physically I felt great. Sigh. Remind me why we do this again? (A little voice whispers "Because you're an idiot." Shut up, voice.)

Ms. Conduct  September 16, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

Yeah, these guys were good. Anybody with decent shot in them scored their little hearts out last night. Of course, the other goalie was some teenager who stopped everything in the first and moved like a pro. I've never seen such a wide butterfly in person. Dude was flextastic!

Meanwhile, cranky granny at the other end is thinking, "Okay, what's the name of the guy who does hip surgery on goalies there in Colorado?" LOL

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP