Monday, September 14, 2009

Poke Poke Poke

Okay, I decided I need to declare my objective for tonight's drop-in right here, right now so that if my balls shrink and I don't do it, I have to be accountable for my wussitude.

This group I'm playing tonight, they like to skate in close and get me swimming as they deke and dangle and generally be irritating. I started to realize by the end of the game last time, that I really needed to be getting my poke check on with them.

Now, I tend to not go for risky moves that could put me down and out, but if I don't start practicing it, I'll never learn it, so tonight's the night.

I'm declaring myself Queen of the Poke Check and if I get scored on a ton... well, I probably would have gotten scored on a ton anyway, because this group is a little out of my league skill-wise.

Have stick, will poke.

2 comments:

artandhockey  September 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

Cackle... poke away! Good Show?

Anonymous  September 14, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

"I really needed to be getting my poke check on with them."

This made me giggle, a lot.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP