Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The sun did in fact come out

Okay. Feeling better today, thanks to kind words from Scotty and getting the packing/dog kenneling/etc stress off my plate and some sleep and some food in me.

I've got this thing where, when I get murdered in a game, I feel like I don't deserve to eat or something. I just completely lose my appetite. But I'm finally chowing on some grub and feel better for it.

I didn't want to leave the blog on some a sopping miserable note, and as usual, a few funny things have come to mind in the light of day.

First, in the midst of the gang bang I got from the dark team last night, one of their shooters comes in on a breakaway and tries the old "toss the glove as a distraction" trick.

He got so busy with the glove tossing that his shot went wide, but it was funny just on its own and even MORE funny because I was getting completely blitzed and he probably just could have shot normally and gotten the goal. The more I think about it today, the more it makes me laugh.

And he was so proud of himself for even trying it. Hilarious.

Also, apart from the few saves I made, I did one cool thing that I learned from Brusty's camp earlier this summer. The shooter was to the right of my net and looking for a pass to center and I'm hugging the post. Suddenly it occurs to me: Put your damn stick out there and cut off his pass!

So I did and it worked. He had to come around the other side of the net and try something else. He even complimented me on that move after the game.

I love playing with adults. Most of them have a pretty good perspective on what it's like to learn to play as an adult, whereas kids don't really get it. It's just like "why do you suck so bad, gurl?" from them.

Anyway, I was grateful to a couple of the guys who just got that it's a tough position and everybody has bad nights and I was having one helluva bad one, but they still had a sense of humor about it and had fun playing anyway.

Weird shot of the night: Shot from the lower half the circle, I drop to defect it with my left pad, and it shoots down the inside of my pad all the way to my skate. Weird right?

Heard this song this morning and it fits my mood today as I glide into a better state of mind and a break from the ice.

3 comments:

artandhockey  September 16, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

Packing, kenneling" or do you eman channeling BB?
Off on vacation or moving?"

Ms. Conduct  September 16, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

Just visiting the man in KC. Dog was not invited on the airplane. :D

artandhockey  September 17, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

shoulda sent dog (gd) via doggie airlines! Life IS good...art is good, hockey will be better...LOL

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP