Saturday, September 5, 2009

Genius and Geeked

If you think I'm not doing this for the Wild or Aeros at some point, you're out of your mind. I have absolutely no time for it, but some things are worth making the time for.

Toronto Blue Jays as Miis

And on that note, we went to the Houston Museum of Natural History today to see the Terra Cotta Warriors. It was a good exhibit, even though it's not really my bag.

But what was awesome was one of the guides, who was telling a group of us some interesting things about the exhibit. This guy was SO GEEKED about this exhibit. Like, beside himself with excitement. And he works there every day, so it's not like he was just seeing it. He's just that geeked about this stuff.

And I kinda quit feeling guilty for not being that geeked about HIS thing because I'm easily that geeked about MY thing. But I appreciated that he's geeked about something. I like people for whom there's something out there that lights their fire no matter what. Passion is a beautiful thing.

He's got his warriors and I have mine. :)


Photo by Fred Trask

6 comments:

artandhockey  September 5, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

YES.. passion is a great thing -even unrequited passion :-D - we all have our special one(s) ;-)!BUT, geeky or not, the warriors are really impressive almost as awesome as some (soft spot types)photos by Mr. Camera.
Just think, they were produced 1,000s year ago, such details everyone different, and no digital camera in sight.
Would love to embed a certain song..here.. but...am saving it for one of future blogs on artandhockey, LOL.
Have a good LABOR day!
You're entitled to a or 3 day off from your labors on the photo contest for which labor, I thank you from the bottom of my old but passionate heart!

Ms. Conduct  September 5, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

You, my friend, are the picture of passion! Hockey, opera, los toros! :)

artandhockey  September 5, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

Well, I do have abroad enough back to carry this load, and big enough heart, too, lots of room for soft spots, LOL. but thanks for your kind words, I think.

Ms. Conduct  September 5, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

Of course! I don't have the mental dexterity to be so interested in so many things. I admire that about you!

I'm all obsessive tunnel vision... :)

artandhockey  September 5, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

Now, just let me say that sounds to me like a lot of ToroS...
An open mind never is too busy to enjoy many things. Passion may be concentrated in one, or 2 as the eyes have it....:-) ah, am getting off the subject.. it's 'those eyes' that do it everytime.
Being a goalie requires agility both in limb and brain, I understand, so puleez!

Ms. Conduct  September 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

Have I mentioned I'm not a very good goalie? :)

No, I hear ya. I'm diverse within my narrow vision... writing, playing, appreciating. That will have to be good enough.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP