Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Zombie Week

So I was up at 4:45 Tuesday after not getting to sleep until 1 a.m. dealing with hockey laundry and winding down from drop-in. Spent 3 hours driving to Austin. Spent all day in a brainstorming session (during which, I have to say, I had the pivotal idea that ended up being our solution... go me!). Then dinner with team, including a delicious Texas martini, which I could totally use another one of right now.

(And I suddenly remember my hotel has a bar... Wonder how late it's open and if I can stand to put my stiletto boots on again.)

Tomorrow, it's more fleshing out the results of today's brainstorming, though frankly, once I've had a big idea, I kinda check out. We'll see if I'm any use.

Then I'm heading back to get to Houston in time for the Aeros game, which I hear may include one Barry Brust on the roster. Lately all this means is just kinda waiting for the dreaded reassignment and ensuing feelings of bitterness for the misguided decisions being made.

To be honest, I just can't ride the highs and lows of this anymore, so don't expect hysterics. But it would be great to see him play. Fleeting greatness, but greatness all the same. I'll take what I can get and be grateful for it.

Meanwhile, I fell asleep exhausted around 10 tonight and then woke up at 11:30 and haven't been back to sleep. It's 4:45 a.m. now and I've gotten an hour and a half of sleep the last 24 hours.

Blessedly, my goalie gal Nicky is up to keep me company. Holla, West Coastie! I just said this to her in chat telling her about my latest beauty of an inner-thigh bruise from "a 5-hole slapper that beat me as I was going down" and decided it was about the dirtiest sentence I've ever written. At least by accident. Heh.

She also gave me the heads up on this new site called iCoach, which is kinda clumsy, but with video coming from Snik, maybe I can put it to some use with some of the goalie coaches on there. Assuming I'm brave enough to share any of it. :)

Speaking of which. OMG. Rawr.

And on that note, maybe I'm inspired to work on going to sleep. ;) Another long day tomorrow but I get to sleep in my own bed. And then I get to do this all over again next week, but at least I'll get to see a hockey game next time.

Ahhh, Vampire Weekend. Never really know what they're on about but I don't really care either. Just adore them.

4 comments:

Snikpip  February 3, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

Hang on before you decide which video(s) to send to iCoach. I had no idea that I took so many videos. Well, the Captain was distracting me a bit.

I'll get them over to ya as quick as I can. My CDO is running in overdrive so I'm making a list of the videos. ("Normal" people may not do this, but I GOTTA.)

hipchecks  February 4, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

What is a Texas martini? Sounds like something I could use right now!

Ms. Conduct  February 4, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

Same as a Mexican Martini like you'd get anywhere really. Basically a neat margarita with a little jalapeno-stuffed olive. Served in a shaker with ice and a martini glass. Definitely my favorite way to drink a rita.

Nicky Robinson  February 5, 2010 at 1:51 AM  

On that iCoach thing... Tell 'em about the clumsy in the Feedback (big orange button over to the left on each screen). Or tell me, and I'll write it up for them. They're gonna be sick of me giving feedback Real Soon Now. Suck it, kids. Software is my life when I'm not on the ice.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP