Thursday, February 4, 2010

Notes from last night and Getting my stuff done (updated)

I was so tired after the Aeros game, from sleeplessness the last two nights and from willing that puck to stay out of Barry's net, that I had to go back this morning and remember what I wrote for T3I. All I know is that the stick figure is my second favorite of the season (the Montoya one still just cracks me up too much to get bumped out of first).

It was, of course, a take off of Monty Python's Black Knight from The Holy Grail (h/t to John for making that connection as I was drawing the bloody stump):



During the second, I stood next to Hannu Toivonen, the Peoria back-up goalie (who ended up getting in the game after the third goal against with 15 minutes left). He's a quiet guy and spent most of the game talking to the equipment guy or whoever that was for Peoria. Did notice he had almost brand new pads though. Bright white still with just a few puck marks. Pretty.

Stark contrast to Chris Holt from last year who is a ball of infectious energy.

----------------------

Feeling overwhelmed with work and hockey obligations right now. If I get my work done, my hockey work doesn't get done. If I get my hockey work done, my real job suffers. One pays me money. One pays me in every other way. *sigh*

Not to say that I don't play a hand in that. If I were, you know, working right now instead of writing this blog, I'd be doing the right thing, but I had things on my mind and I had to get them off my mind so I could get my stuff done.



If you've ever wondered what it's like the telecommute. That video is pretty much it.

Of course for me, it's Twitter and Facebook and Google Reader and my blog and my delightful new vibrator that take the place of cleaning and going to the grocery store. Which means my house is a mess and I'm hungry on top of my stuff not being done.

That said, I really do have to get my stuff done. I've blogged. I've turned Twitter off. I do have the Wild game pulled up on my Slingbox. And with that one distraction, I vow right now to get my stuff done tonight.

-------------------

I've confirmed that I'll be at the Stars vs. Griffins game Tuesday in Austin. That should be fun. Looking forward to either scouting Todd Ford or cheering for Matt Climie. If I weren't going with work folks, I'd make a point to get a picture of him stretching, since he's also in my personal Goalie Stretch HOF.

Oh right, I was gonna get my stuff done now. Fuck.

UPDATE of stuff I've gotten done since I posted this:

  • Discovered the software I'm trying to write about won't open for me, so now I have to work on something different
  • Harding's hip explodes
  • Anton goes in and I hold my breath for like 15 minutes while he makes 9 stops and looks amazing and I'm so fucking proud of him.
  • Totally have twitter open the whole time. Like I'm supposed to sit there and talk to myself during all this? Bitch, please.
  • Get like 6 new, legit followers on Twitter (why?)
  • Remember I haven't eaten dinner
  • Heading to get some dinner since I have no food in the house
SEE??? OMG How can I be such a failure at life and still be having so much fun? Ahhhhh.....

13 comments:

hipchecks  February 4, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

Um, did I read that right? Vibrator? Is my mind going in the right direction there?

Ms. Conduct  February 4, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

LOL Yeah, just seeing who skims and who reads.... ;)

Anonymous  February 4, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

i was gonna ask about that as well...kinda thrown in there..."and my delightful new vibrator"...
HUH??WTF???

Ms. Conduct  February 4, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

Well, it was kind of a boring post. Gotta throw in some easter eggs to make sure you're paying attention. It's true though. I love that thing.

Chris Jerina  February 5, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

And I'm starting believe that is the reason you have 6 new followers on twitter.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who pulled a "HUH?" moment on that.

Ms. Conduct  February 5, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

Poor guys. They're gonna be so disappointed if that's the case. LOL

Anonymous  February 5, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

"Which means my house is a mess and I'm hungry on top of my stuff not being done."

But you're hockeyfied and vibrated. So obviously you have your priorities straight!

Nick  February 5, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

Given the recent comments about goalie stretches, I'm not terribly surprised to see that your 'bob' makes it into the conversation as well. ;-)

Ms. Conduct  February 5, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

Exactly. And keep in mind, Mr. C is only home on weekends. So... ya know...

Anonymous  February 5, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

oh, its a BOB?? i was thinking it was for "soothing those aching muscles" since thats what the add's say. Wait, i guess it COULD be the same thing...
i feel so dirty i might have to go shower...

Teddi  February 5, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

I think this blog makes my life complete. And I'm glad everyone else had the same "waaaiit..." moment as me.

artandhockey  February 5, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

uhoh..so amusing.

LittleRedBeemer  February 5, 2010 at 11:28 PM  

That post totally almost caused me to spit water all over my laptop!! LOL Note to self - keep liquids away from computer when reading Heather's blog. = )

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP