Thursday, February 25, 2010

Quick Hits: Clutterbutter extension, Valley interview, savoring the season

Players come and go, and it's something you just have to accept as a fan. But one heartbreak I and all the other Wild fans who love him won't have to endure is wondering whether Cal Clutterbuck will be back.

The Wild did the right thing and signed him for another 3 years... BEFORE the summer and before any silly speculation could start. Lock. That. Down. Good job, Fletch. And congratulations, Cal! *sniff* Our little wrecking-ball baby is all grown up and one-way contracted!

Russo is tweeting that it's 3 yrs at 1.4 mil per, which is higher than I would have expected. That's Steve Ott money, baby!

Here's the article on Wild.com. What a pleasure it must be for the Wild PR folks to actually break something before Russo. Heh.

------------------

I had the pleasure of doing a quick interview with Dallas Stars goalie coach Mike Valley last night. Man, I suck at interviewing, but it was still fun to get to chat with him, and he's incredibly nice. Solid of him to take the time and hopefully folks enjoy what he had to say.

Here's a link to it over at In Goal Magazine.

--------------------

Aeros tonight. Pretty happy about that since I figure Brusty's starting and that's always a good and special thing.

I cherish every game I go to. It may suck and the Aeros may lose and KC may be grumpy and it all passes without much fanfare, but I feel so lucky to get to do what I do that not a game goes by where I don't appreciate it.

But as the end of the season looms, that awareness becomes even more heightened. I find myself wanting to get there a little earlier, stay a little later, soak it all in, put it in my pocket so I can pull it out in the summer when The Longing strikes me.

So, commence hard-core soaking tonight. And I don't mean that in a dirty way. Other than ... well... if Brusty's in goal... um... anyway... never mind.

Heh.

Just got this in my Google Alerts. If you love me, you'll win it for me. Awww, baby Brusty... I'm not much of a "stuff" collector, but one of these days I'm gonna get me a Brusty bobblehead. I like the idea of him saying Yes to anything I ask. ;)

----------------------

I bought new shoes at DSW yesterday and there was a guy there trying on sparkly heels. Drag queen in his spare time, I guess. Nothing like a man with a perfect hot pink pedicure strutting flawlessly in 4" sequined stiletto sandals to make me feel whatever the female version of emasculated is. De-feminized? I dunno. He rocked it. But my boobs are real, so take that.

Another of my all time favorite songs:

6 comments:

artandhockey  February 25, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

Clutterbuck..Bobbleheads all coming your way, methinks.
Very good interview, H. I kept scnning to see when BB situation will crop up, nad voila there ist was.. just kidding...
it was a legit question IMO. Any way BRAVA!

artandhockey  February 25, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

something wrong? trying to comment, getting 'type the word verification as written.. several times! And then google reader "cannot process ..."JUST BRAVA on good interview (including BB question ;-)!

artandhockey  February 25, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

Intersting, this time it went through!

Unknown  February 25, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

This is too funny...I JUST bought that Brusty bobblehead at a collector's shop in Cranbrook BC. Turns out it was signed too! I might just have to bid on that one ;D

Good to hear Clutterbuck's stickin around! I hate "The Longing"...It feels like it soaks in too much in the off-season that you're just starting to get caught up when playoffs come around.

Anonymous  February 27, 2010 at 1:33 AM  

seen the BMG back in like...2000...and they were AWESOME!! amazing performers...
i must say though...MR. C needs to be home more. You got soaking, in um hockey, and loving chinese goalies, and.....please tell him a loyal reader begs him to be home more...
but on the bright side, i just got some goalie pants...so the player pants i TRIED in a game..are no more...yet, my ass now looks like its a size 60 versus the size 34 it atcually is...and OMG is the game sunday going to be a traffic stopper that it should be? in alaska, i know we suspended adult league for it....or maybe no one has called me for a fill in goalie...hmmm....oh, BTW..i love crown royal..HA HA HA...
great interview btw..
your doing a great job. both as a blogger AND for a job!

ABNMOOSE

hipchecks  March 7, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

Ok, cracking up at the comment about Brusty always saying yes and the whole section about DSW.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP