Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wayne you, you Gretzky Waynehole!

Puck Daddy brings to our attention this morning that NHL Celebrity Blogger Kevin Smith has moved his playoff blog back to his own web site from the NHL's site. Gotta agree with PD that it is 100% ghey of the NHL to be so prudish.

Of course, I don't have kids, nor do I even like kids, so when someone says, "Won't someone please think of the children?" I'm the one slunking off into a shadowy corner hoping no one expects ME to be that someone. It ain't gonna happen, bub. Well, I'll think of them... I'll think, "Won't someone shut that brat up?" or "Don't get your sticky hands on me, small germ-laden person."

So, when humor or cleverness are sacrificed in the name of being family-friendly, it makes me all Lou Ferrigno. RAWR! (And I don't mean that in my usual sense.)

But whatever, NHL. Your league is becoming one long string of retarded Colin Campbell punishments and humorless decisions (oh yeah, and awesome hockey, but I'm bitching right now), but you seem to like it that way, so more power, I guess.

7 comments:

Fred Trask  April 23, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

Pucktards

They knew what they were getting when they invited him. Why ask someone (and capitalize on their name recognition) to come and blog but then don't allow them to do what people would come to the site to see them do?

That's kind of like signing Manute Bol to play hockey ... oh wait, the Indianapolis Ice did that.

wrap around curl  April 23, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

Er didn't they have the same problem as last year? I love Kevin. And my thinking is, they probably should have know what to expect. Unless they thought his only movie he's ever mad was Jersey Girl and not you know, Clerks etc.

Ms. Conduct  April 23, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

Exactly Wrap. I mean, duh.

Though I think the "Gretzky's name as cuss word substitute" thing is freaking genius.

Ms. Conduct  April 23, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

What's amazing is that within minutes of posting this, someone from the NHL in NYC was reading it. Showed up in my stats. WTF?

Ms. Conduct  April 24, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

Ahh! They're back again today! What up, NHL?...

Sunshine36616  April 24, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

I saw that on Puck Daddy and rolled laughing.

So you don't have kids and don't really like them? We really are destined to be buddies lol. I am thinking of bringing my nephews to practice because hockey players seem to love kids. I don't want to have to drag them around a whole game.

Ms. Conduct  April 24, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

Oh shit, that's genius! Kids as bait...

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP