Sunday, April 19, 2009

*crickets* Just random crap on a lazy Sunday

Quiet over here, we've been so busy at The Third Intermission with non-stop playoff action. Just a reminder to go check out the Aeros coverage over there if that's what you're into.

I'm loving what the site has developed into. Exactly what I wanted when I was a fan in the stands. And I don't say that to brag, because other than my own posts, not one bit of it was my idea. Even Texting Brusty wasn't my idea. Really! I swear! Ask Andrew! (Though really, it should have been called "Textual Relations with Barry Brust" amIright? No? Squares.)

Hockey practice for me tonight. Need to do some stretching today. Then I'll spend the rest of the day talking myself into getting "up" for it.

Also, I ordered overdrive blades, which arrived from Canada yesterday. Shhh. They're illegal in USA Hockey, but I think that's ridiculous and who the hell is checking? Seems like people who have them, like them, and credit them for saving them from some exploding groins. Looks like it will take a bit of doing to get them installed, so I'll go au naturale tonight and I'll install them this week so I can take them to the skate shop if I have trouble. And hopefully try them out at stick and puck later in the week.

Speaking of Canada, I'll have to share my new theory on Canadianity as a religion rather than a nationality sometime. Like, "I'm from Texas, and I'm a Baptist and I love Jesus." but instead it's, "I'm from Texas, and I'm a Canadian and I love Hockey." I haven't fully fleshed this out yet, but I will say that I do gaze upon my goalie pads hanging on the garage wall during the week with a certain religious reverence.

5 comments:

BReynolds  April 19, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

Be careful with those over drives. They look cool and interesting to me, but they look like you could hurt yourself too. While I see how they could help prevent groiners, I can also see them causing a good solid high ankle sprain too.

Let us know how they go.

elise  April 19, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

Textual Relations with Barry Brust - that's absolutely fantastic.

Good call on Canadianity; I would definitely be a part of that.

Ms. Conduct  April 20, 2009 at 12:34 AM  

It occurs to me, though, that does that make all *actual* Canadians my god? Surely not. No, the hockey gods are my gods. See... there are some logistics, dogma, etc. to figure out.

Rob  April 20, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

We got you a little Cal momento a few weeks ago hoping he would win the Calder and that we could get his John Henry. I failed. I'm sorry, next time may be better but it may be worse. Anyhow, I am trying to wrap up the "today we finish the family business stuff. Please know there is a jersey (sweater?, I'm from Texas, that ain't no sweater) at the Aeros service rep table Wednesday waiting for Ms. C. God bless, thanks for your faithful blogs.

Ms. Conduct  April 23, 2009 at 1:06 AM  

Rob, thank you so much! The jersey is gorgeous and so... CLUTTERBUCKY! I love it dearly. You're so kind to have gotten that for me. (Tom Lynn was sitting next to me and was even wow'd by the gesture when I pulled it out of the bag!) I truly thank you and cannot wait to wear it.

I will find a way to get it signed, you can count on that. Surely I have enough connections by now to make that happen.

I'm so tempted to go to the Leaf on Saturday so I can watch the game and wear my new "sweater." :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP