Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mustache Boy

More killer stuff from Justin Bourne, who explains how hockey practices work to us civilians. (We're ALL drill wreckers in novice league, BTW. The coaches should get some white boards. None of us played juniors, so maybe we'll be able to follow along, though some of us DO like shiny things, so maybe not.)

I've mentioned it before, but goddamnit, I hate Mustache Boy. I guess if it's a sign of good team chemistry, I'll grudgingly tolerate it but really... man... I hate it so much. One week, my guys are stone cold foxes and the next, they look like door-to-door vacuum salesmen.

Here's more indepth explanation on Mustache Boy and Juice Boy (the less aesthetically distressing version of the game) from Ben Lovejoy's hilarious, but abandoned, blog. (Now, I'm not wishing him a slapshot to the jaw, but I wish he'd get back to writing.)

11 comments:

Jennifer Hammer  April 21, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

Lovejoy's blog needs to continue. and be updated. It was full of win.

Ms. Conduct  April 21, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

Wasn't it though? It's a travesty he's not writing. So few players are such good, willing writers. Then again, if that creates more demand for Justin's writing in the marketplace where he can actually get coin for it, that's okay by me. Anybody who can a living writing about hockey has hit the jackpot in my book.

KiPA - Kevin in PA  April 22, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

Wait, Ben Lovejoy? My Ben Lovejoy?

Ms. Conduct  April 22, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

Yes, Kevin, YOUR Ben Lovejoy!

KiPA - Kevin in PA  April 22, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

Woohoo!

Seriously, I loved what I saw from Lovejoy in the two NHL games he played this season. Very small sample size of course, but he didn't look out of place at all and fared fairly well. I think he's one reason (along with Letang and Goligoski) that made Whitney expendable.

walkinvisible  April 22, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

i just heard the calder nominees are versteeg, ryan and (of course) mason... i'm sorry for ruining your day if you hadn't heard this yet...

i'm pretty sure the guy only got 4th place votes because of the hockeywriters love for gio. it HAS to be that, cause the "writers don't know about the western conference" excuse clearly doesn't apply, here.

Ms. Conduct  April 22, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

Yeah, i just saw that, WI... and I love it because Versteeg was way up there in my rookie rankings and he's possibly more adorable than Justin Falk, who I've declared to be more adorable than a basket full of puppies. He won't win, but he's my guy for that one.

walkinvisible  April 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

as long as you don't want him to win the cup.

not that my team's gonna win, but we just gotta hope....

Ms. Conduct  April 22, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

Nah, I just want him to make a lots of videos with Sarah Spain.

walkinvisible  April 23, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

it shames me that i actually know what you're talking about....

Ms. Conduct  April 23, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

Why shame? Hell, I want those two to mate and have funny, gorgeous, hockey-playing babies.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP