Monday, July 20, 2009

Other floaty thoughts from last night

Drill that was very useful: In the fly at the top of my crease with Scott shooting high and trying to get those with my glove or blocker or head or whatever. I think I'm more used to reading the release from my feet, so I'm not as practiced with it when I'm down, and I've gotten beat a few times in that situation lately.

Injury report: My knee hurt during hockey but didn't hurt when I got home or this morning when I woke up! Hopefully I'm on the mend there.

Sanitarium report: I'm still losing my ever-loving mind when I'm screened. I dunno what it is, man, but someone darkens my doorstep and my Threat Level goes from Yellow to Motherfucking Atomic in an instant. It's pathological. And it's not like I'm thinking about it when it happens. It's this instinct to make them pay in really painful ways that washes over me. I dunno. It just freaks me out a little bit.


Okay, now I'm really done with last night.

2 comments:

Maz  July 20, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

You need to put that goal stick to work. It still hurts like hell to take a shot in the cup, yet you won't have the guilt of rendering the naughty bits useless.

Ms. Conduct  July 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

Yeah, somewhere deep in my primal make-up is the knowledge that if I feel threatened by a man, to just pound him in the junk. I think maybe that's what's kicking in, so to speak, when I get screened.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP