Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Don't let the door hitcha--Haha!--No really, best of luck

So, things are getting a little... hot under the collar... in Aeros Nation. Last season, Jesse Schultz, Corey Locke, and Krys Kolanos were all signed by July 11. Tom Lynn was definitely making a statement when he bolted out of the gate last season.

There hasn't been so much as a whisper other than the two defense signings this season. It's been Chicago making the big statement in the west, while many of the best AHL free agents head East. Who can blame them really? The travel is easier, the crowds are bigger.

Nevertheless, and I hate to be petty (no I don't), but I hope you boys who remain in the Aeros fold will be sure and send plenty of pictures and texts to these guys reminding them of how awesome Houston winters are... something to look at while they scrape ice off their windshields. Pictures of girls in tanktops, your feet in flip-flops, your skinny chicken legs in shorts (you can send those to me, too), expanses of green Wildcat Golf Course... I'm just saying.

ANYWAY...

Also, the NHL schedule came out today. I know this because of the blue feathers sticking out of my computer from my Twitter feed exploding.

I haven't had time to look at the Wild schedule yet and probably won't for a while as I'm going walkabout for a few days. But hopefully there's a legit opportunity to get up to Minnesota and finally see a game at the X.

At the very least, assuming there's no conflict with the Aeros pre-season schedule, it looks like Dallas will be playing their AHL babies in Austin for their last pre-season game. Would love to drive up and check that out, if only to see the new barn and lay eyes on Marty Turco. Sweet goalie mercy.

3 comments:

KiPA - Kevin in PA  July 15, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

If it makes you feel better, some Wilkes-Barre/Scranton fans were ready to riot when the Penguins let Jeff Taffe and Chris Minard sign with other organizations.

I had to laugh when I saw some of those people complain that W-B/S was just a "cash cow" for the Penguins...um, it sorta is. And it's a breeding ground for the NHL club really.

But anyway. The point is yours isn't the only AHL fan base who's wondering what the team will look like next season.

Rob  July 16, 2009 at 6:24 AM  

I like to think the wheels are on the wagon, that somebody has a brilliant plan for this upcoming year. But it's pretty easy to remember the two seasons prior to this last one. Hard to forget really. And right now I can feel myself backing out of the throttle more and more. Maybe it's the heat getting to me. It's just me right?

artsnhockey  July 19, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

Did you say skinny? Some may be, but others? I do seem to remember some observations...;)
Back from the North (not so cool) and am overwhelmed by NEWS (sigh, not all good).
We're all 'floating' or should that be fishing (for info) in never never land (and I don't mean MJ's) when it comes to new 'boyz on ice' here at TC, what the heck, new boyz every where in TC and Aeros offices?
A year of transition coming our way, I say..but will it be a good one for the fans? NO dream team 2009/2010 or ??? Quien sabe? KC maybe?

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP