Wednesday, April 28, 2010

AHL Playoffs: 1st Round Check-in, 2nd Round Predictions

Let's see how I did:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic Division


Worcester Sharks (1) vs. Lowell Devils (4) - Lowell in 6 

Bombed this one. Worcester in 5. Admittedly though, this pick was biased because I dig Mike McKenna.
Portland Pirates (2) vs. Manchester Monarchs (3) - Manchester in 6
Got the winner right, but it was a sweep. Manchester in 4.
Round 2: I would have done these before round 2 started (though I really have no idea who's done what since it started) but they actually started round 2 in the East well before the West. That seems like a very bad idea to me as once the finals come, there's a potential for a rather large rest for Hershey (come on, it's going to be Hershey and we all know it). That could be good or bad, I dunno. Anyway, I'm picking Manchester in 6 here. Bernier is money. End of story.

East Division

Hershey Bears (1) vs. Bridgeport Sound Tigers (4) - Hershey in 4
Much to my amazement, the Sound Tigers actually won a game. And went thru 3 goalies in 5 games. A little concerned about Lawson, who landed in the hospital after game 2 for cramps (and presumably dehydration). Anyway, Hershey in 5.
Albany River Rats (2) vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (3) - Albany in 7

Another sweep! Really surprised about this one. Albany in 4.
Round 2: Hershey in 4. Resistance is futile.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

North Division


Hamilton Bulldogs (1) vs. Manitoba Moose (4) - Hamilton in 5
Close! Hamilton in 6. Honestly after stealing Rosa and the "call your doctor" level hard-on they've got for Schneider up there, I was okay with this result. Hopefully Marco will go to a team where I don't have to root against him next year. Love that guy.
Rochester Americans (2) vs. Abbotsford Heat (3) - Rochester in 6
Ohhhh, Abby proved me WRONG and won in 7. In fact, I was 100% "WTF are THEY doing in the playoffs?" about Abbotsford. They really got their shit together and David Shantz turned out to be the hero for this team. This after he was released from the Florida system last season. Neener.
Round 2: Hamilton in 5. I still think Abby got lucky in round 1.

West Division

Chicago Wolves (1) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (4) - Chicago in 6
SO close here. Milwaukee took 'em to game 7. Maybe the Wolves aren't quite the masters of their domain that I thought?
Texas Stars (2) vs. Rockford IceHogs (3) - Texas in 7
Doh! What HAPPENED, Rockford? I thought you would make it hard for them. Instead, you offered yourselves up with cookies and milk. Oh well. The outcome (Texas with a sweep) was right and by golly, Chicago v. Texas is going to be a fun series.

Round 2: Toughest one of the bunch. Both good teams with good goaltending, but I'm giving Texas the edge here. I think this could drag out though. Lucky for Hamilton, who will get the beat up victor at the end. Texas in 6.

2 comments:

artandhockey  April 28, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

TEXAS, STARS, Soft Spot.. ahem.. well...chilled the bubbles - or should I?

Nick  April 28, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

I like your record, I should've sucked you into my NHL pool! :P

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP