Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Zone: I haz it!

Well, I just got done playing my best hour of hockey ever. Not to say I didn't let in a few goals but I stopped a LOT. And moreover, I stopped a lot that I normally would let in. And what's more,  I WON! I know it's just drop in but trust me, when you get blown out pretty much every week you know it, and when you blow the other guy out, you know when you won. And trust me, it counts.

I'm not even going to bother explaining why it was so good. It's doesn't matter. It's enough to say that I've never played better. I was focused and sharp, my angles were magnificent, my legs were energetic, my vision was good (which is really saying something). Have I mentioned how much I love love love my cat eye cage and will never ever ever go back to certified? EVER? EVER.

It was a beautiful thing. Not saying I was perfect. I probably still looked like a total bender, but I stopped a fuckload of shots.

And you know how I mentioned a while back how I can have, what was to me, a shitty game and people are all, "Man, you played great!" Well, tonight, I got one sort of generic "good game" from one person and that was it. The other goalie even corrected my glove placement! I wasn't looking for praise and never am, but I tend to get it anyway even when I feel I don't remotely deserve it. So, I couldn't believe it. How could you all not see how fantastic I was compared to my usual crap? LOL Weird. Just weird. But *I* know and that's all that matters. Maybe they were just pissed cuz they didn't score more. ;)

The good thing is, I'm not feeling super over the moon. It's one piddly drop in, only an hour long. I've got perspective on this thing. But that isn't stopping me from really enjoying having a good one.

Only bad thing is, I don't feel so great after. I didn't think I got hit that hard in the head, but the big guy who dented my head before put a really hard one on me that hit my mask chin and then collarbone. At the time, the pain was all collarbone (and boy did that hurt), but when I got off the ice and sat down, I realized I was a bit dizzy. And still am. I know I'm not dehydrated or low blood sugar or anything. I just feel a bit spacey. I even went the wrong way coming home. Meant to stay on 59 toward downtown and got off on 610 South. WTF? Didn't realize it until I started seeing exits for Bissonette and stuff. Ooops.

Don't feel sick or anything though, so I'm sure it's nothing or not much of anything. Maybe a little bit of shock from the collarbone hit? Man, that just hurts right to the core, like how I would imagine an electric shock feels, makes my whole shoulder and upper arm hurt, though it's getting better. But it didn't throw me off my game at all. Did hurt to cover the puck in front of me at one point. Yeesh.

Anyway, goaltending hurts sometimes and that's just how it is. I'm not complaining. Just keepin' it real, bitches. ;) It's still the funnest way ever to get yourself hurt. Back at it tomorrow night with the Koreans at Memorial City. Hopefully I'm a little fresher for that than I was last week. If I am and they need me, I might stick around and play the second drop-in. I dunno. We'll see. I could use the work.

8 comments:

Sunshine36616  March 30, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

Take care of yourself! If you notice any other symptoms, see the doctor! I can't live vicariously through you if you can't play :p

Ms. Conduct  March 30, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

Nah, I'm feeling fine today. I really do think it was some kind of shock or something. I've taken a hard hit to the head and that felt different, other than the spaciness.

Feel like I got hit by a truck today, but that's just my body, not my noggin.

What sucks is that all my ouchy spots aren't making any cool bruises!

Nick  March 30, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

Glad you feel okay, those odd shots can make you wonder though. Did it miss your maltese?

The guys on my team either say nothing to me or 'you had a good game'—no middle ground. Last game I felt I played awesome and said "I think that's the best rebound control I've had in forever" and I think I heard crickets after that ... LOL!

Ms. Conduct  March 30, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

It's weird isn't it? I'll never understand skaters. They're the weird ones, if you ask me...

Anonymous  March 30, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

i am still wondering when my guys are gonna come up and do the head bump thing like in the NHL after i do good.

also trying to figure out why that happens, like whats the history and all with it??

Ms. Conduct  March 30, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

Ha! Yeah, I'd cry if my team did that. It's one of my favorite goalie "things" ever. The Goalie Nuzzle. Awwwwwww.....

And yet... I really hate when players touch my mask. I don't say anything but it makes me cringe. I've had taps with sticks and pats with gloves and I hate them both. Never helmet to helmet contact.

But I positively ache for pad taps. I love them. They warm the coldest part of my dark heart.

Nick  March 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

No Goalie Nuzzles from my squad, but one of my other teams did that. I don't mind ... we just high-five.

I'm envious of the guys that do the jump-and-bump-hips in mid air after a win. I've seen a couple of the Avs do this consistently after a win.

Ms. Conduct  March 31, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

OMG, I'd totally fall down if someone did that jumping hip bump thing with me. Ha!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP