Saturday, August 8, 2009

X-Rated and Miscellany

  • I have such a hard-on for these Bauer X-Rated leg pads. The design is just wicked. If I were buying again, I might have to insist on these. The adjustable knee lock and lifts sure would be nice, too, since my knee area is a little high on my current pads. And the 33+1 is probably more appropriate than the 34s I have. Oh well. Hindsight.
  • Looks like I might get to replace all my funky (and I don't mean that in a good way) used gear soon. My shopping cart at Goalie Monkey has a new glove and blocker and chest protector in it. Plus a couple of "tall boy" water bottles so I can drink thru my mask. Just need the bean counter to say yes.
  • Figured out why I felt so bad at practice last week: Panic attacks are back. Yay. Amazing how I'd forgotten all the signs, even though I battled them all thru my 20s, but that's definitely what that was. I don't think I'm panicking about playing goal per se, but the usual performance anxiety triggers the panic and I get all spun up. It's no fun at all. Gonna stick half a xanax in my pocket to pop if I start freaking on the way out there. Hopefully now that I've figured out the problem, I can control it without the happy pills.
  • In the meantime, no more sodas or coffee for me. Caffeine. :( I love you, caffeine! It's not personal! You just turn me into a crazy person.
  • It's really hot here. I keep having to change seats around the living room, like flipping to the cool side of the pillow, to escape my own heat.
  • Not only is it Brusty's birthday today, it's Ken Dryden's. Every 35 years on this day a goalie I adore is born. I'm pretty sure those are statistically significant odds. No use in arguing with me on this point.
  • Whitney Houston was born tomorrow. BOBBAY!

5 comments:

wrap around curl  August 9, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

I love those X Rated pads!

Oh I loved Being Bobby Brown. I loved it probably more than I should have.

Sunshine36616  August 9, 2009 at 1:06 AM  

I love a good BOBBAY!!!!!!! I've lived here for 8 years and have never seen Whitney, Bobby or any other celebrity around the town.
Those pads are bad ass!!!
A goalie with an anxiety issue...sounds like a bad joke. My sis has panic attacks. Scary stuff. I don't have attacks, I have generalized anxiety...so I'm just lightly panicked/anxious all the time.

Ms. Conduct  August 9, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

Yeah, I had both attacks and generalized anxiety and bouts of depression all thru my 20s. Once we moved out of the suburbs and into the city, and once I "found" hockey, almost all of that went away. Coincided with hitting my 30s, so probably some of that, too. Just mellowing out and getting comfortable in my skin.

KiPA - Kevin in PA  August 9, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

"I have such a hard-on for these Bauer X-Rated leg pads"

What is the female equivalent of a hard-on?

Ms. Conduct  August 9, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

I dunno. I just keep going back to the GM site and lusting after them. And not really caring what they cost. I just want them.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP