Monday, October 13, 2008

Fantasy Hockey Week 1

Okay, so my first week of fantasy hockey indicates that I may have brought forth a plague of doom upon the players on my teams. My goalies, except the one I was most worried about (Smitty in Tampa), all suck beyond comprehension. Avery is useless for anything but PIM, Iginla is invisible, on and on.

The only unaffected team seems to be the New York Rangers where Wade Redden and Michal Rozsival have played well. But I think maybe they're just slow to comply in the Big Apple. Give it a week, especially now that I have Zherdev on my newest team.

Anyway, my best result was in the Wild Message Board league, where we tied 5-5 (someone remind me that if I ever set up a fantasy team, there should be an odd number of stats used in scoring so that ties aren't possible). In the Russoville league, I got smoked big time, 11-2. I mean, I got crushed like an innocent grape rolling around on the freeway.

Blessedly, the third league doesn't start until this week so I have a few days to steel myself for total humiliation next Monday morning. My apolgies in advance Buffalo and Detroit fans for having your goalies. The only hope is that my curse is somehow transfered in the picking and not in the owning, in which case the Wildbloggers team should be right as rain.

4 comments:

Kirsten  October 13, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

That's me in my football league. I can't remember to reset the players if my life depended on it, so therefore I'm not doing too well. I've also brought down curses of suck on all the players. Maybe I should have kept Favre.

BReynolds  October 13, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

I went 5-7-2 in Russoville, and I finished the week in 5th in my ESPN league.

None of my goalies did crap except Brodeur, and mt point scorers... well, didn't.

Ah well. New week...

KiPA - Kevin in PA  October 13, 2008 at 10:24 AM  

Sorry, Ms. C, ties will be possible anywhere in head to head leagues. I once had a 4-4 tie and that was with 13 categories. Theoretically, it would be possible to tie a game 0-0.

Ms. Conduct  October 13, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

Hmm. That sounds like fantasy math to me, k-jac. ;)

Of course, I'm as good at math as I am at slapshots.

That Brody is a winner, Buddha.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP