Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

I'm a little late welcoming in the new year, at least bloggy style. I try to just look at it like another day, except with maybe a day off from work attached to it (didn't even get that this year), but usually on NYE, I get that creeping feeling of time, and thereby, life ticking past me too quickly. Yuck.

In my 20s, I was always very proud to say I didn't have any regrets in life, but I kinda do now. I guess with all the blessings and happiness hockey has bestowed upon me, it's changed me, too, and if I could go back and get a do-over knowing what I know... boy would I take that in a heartbeat.

But when I'm not being a brat (which frankly, isn't often), I know I'm real fuckin' lucky in this life. To sit around and think, "Dammit, I should be luckier!" is just ludicrous. So that's kinda why I hate NYE, because I have crazy thoughts like that.

I just don't drink enough. I regret that, too.

Things got better on New Year's Day though. Productive day and super fun Aeros game. Also got all my hotels booked for this weekend in New England and my trip to Minnesota next month. Both trips are going to be a lot of fun with some dear friends and good hockey. I'd pack tonight and sit at the airport until Thursday if I didn't have so much to do before then.

Also, I changed my Brusty Pilgrimage plans this weekend. I didn't realize they were playing in Providence on Sunday afternoon and that Providence is only 2.5 hours from Brattleboro (instead of 4+ to Bingo). So I'm going there, possibly even if B isn't starting (which is totally up in the air with both Brodeur and Lehner supposed to be back this week).

I don't have to stay overnight and miss a bunch of time with my friend, and I can maybe see Schaefer play, too, and watch hockey in a building named after donuts and pass through WOONSOCKET, which has been a dream of mine ever since I saw it on Google Maps this afternoon.

(Also, occurs to me that I'd be seeing Bruins and Baby Bruins in the same trip. That's kinda cool.)

So, there's that. I'm jacked. Weather and hockey gods willing, it will all work out. Yes, this is me asking for yet more great fortune. Does it negate some of my greediness if I acknowledge it and bat my eyelashes?

Anyway, I don't know how much I'll be blogging but I'll be Twittering probably TOO much, so follow me there if you want. I even have a new phone with a camera in it so I can take a picture of me in front of the "Welcome to Woonsocket" sign. BOOM!

 The Dunk

3 comments:

Navin V.  January 2, 2011 at 9:42 PM  

Beautiful shot of an empty arena. Here's to another year. Cheers.

Nick  January 3, 2011 at 2:41 PM  

Have a donut for me at the Dunk!

maalivahti  January 4, 2011 at 11:42 AM  

I am anxiously awaiting the tweets. LOL

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP