Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Black Hole Drop-in

Ooo baby, did I ever stink last night. Kinda figured I might, after missing 2 weeks and then being sick. Seemed like I was half a second behind on every shot. Everything leaking through me and under me. Total blood bath apart from a few good saves.

Luckily, one was so good, it kinda counteracts a lot of the bad. Just a nasty glove save that was as sexy as they come. Babies for everyone! Stretched all the way out glove side. Didn't even have to look in my glove to see that I had it. Saves like that remind me why I love this (because not much else was reminding me last night). Everybody cheered.

That's one thing about having a shitty glove. People start to figure it out and then get pretty happy for you when you do nab one. Haha.

Apparently there was some intrigue last week when I was gone, as one of the goalies was hit with a puck while she wasn't looking during warm-ups. Big no-no. She got pissed and bailed on the drop-in completely. Oops.

Now, I've had this happen to me at that asshole infested Tuesday drop-in I used to do (thank GOD that's out of my life) and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the d-bags were doing it on purpose. But I've been playing with this group for a while now and they're nice guys, or at least not any worse assholes than I am. Probably less, really. :)

So if I get pegged in warmies at this drop-in (and I have been), they get a "HEY!" and they apologize and we all just move on. In other words, the base assumption is that they're not trying to hurt me until I see evidence to the contrary.

Oh well. You need the odd goalie to go bananas on the skaters occasionally just to keep them in line and remind them how lucky they are to have such cute goalies. ;) It probably won't ever be me, so I appreciate when someone else does the job.

Evidence that goalies may be weird:

Mr. Brain Denter, the one who picks my fucking glove corner 5 times a night, finally got stopped last night. He's coming in on that side and looking for his spot and I was like, "Bitch ain't picking that corner tonight" and leaned over half a foot to cover that hole with my head. BAM. Right in the forehead.

He apologizes as he skates by, looking sheepish. I go, "THAT WAS SO WORTH IT!" Haha...

I get hit in the head with a puck and feel like *I* won the battle?

Yeah. Goalies are weird.

Whatever. We're also awesome.

1 comments:

maalivahti  January 18, 2011 at 12:47 PM  

Awesome post. Had me LOL-ing a few times. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP