Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cross-promotion and Drop-In

First up is a little piece I wrote for T3I that was out of the usual game report nonsense I usually do there. I kinda liked it. Maybe you will, too. Goalies in particular...

--------------------------

I sucked balls at hockey tonight. Not literally, of course. Don't know why I feel I need to clarify that but... anyway...

Kinda wanted to have a good one since I don't play for 2 more weeks, but I'm apparently too stupid or lazy to figure out that I can't go 9 hours without eating before I play. I mean really, Ms.C. You know better. But yeah, had a nice big lunch and just got busy and didn't eat again. Faded quicker than I would have hoped. I stayed out and let guys shoot on me until they kicked us off the ice, though, so it was a good workout at least.

But maybe it's good to have a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth as I go on a break. I noticed tonight how weak my push with my... um... WEAK leg is. I was working with one of the guys after the game and he was doing a bunch of dekey shit on me and I was trying to stay up, stay patient, stay with him. But when he cut to my blocker side, my push wasn't enough to get over.

I mean, I KNOW that leg is weak but I'd never noticed that was the reason I'm not getting over to that side. I'd been blaming it on going down too early, but I think it's more not getting enough power in my push as I'm going down. That probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me (or maybe seems obvious, but it wasn't somehow...).

Whatever.

Time to load my GPS up with all the places I'm going this weekend. :) Is it time to go yet?

3 comments:

maalivahti  January 4, 2011 at 11:44 AM  

It totally makes sense to me. Cool that you figured it out. Now you have 2 weeks before you can try to fix it. ;)

You realize how much I'll be kicking myself if Tuukka plays... right? <3

Ms. Conduct  January 4, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

Ha, no offense, but I may be kicking someone if Tuukka plays, too! TIMMYYYYYY!!!!!

maalivahti  January 5, 2011 at 5:34 AM  

LOL very good point. Ok for both our sanity's sake, I hope Thomas plays!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP