Sunday, January 16, 2011

Goalie infidelity & other stuff

"I'm telling Brusty you're cheating on him."

I got that from both Drew and John Saturday night in the midst of my breathless adoration of Josh Tordjman in goal for the Aeros. You can read about that here at T3I.

But no weepy confessions of goalie infidelity here. On my personal goalie roster, there's only one starter.

And speaking of Brusty, he stirred the shit again tonight, retaliating for some joker slashing his glove after the whistle or something. Coach didn't like it but the fans did and it didn't hurt anything, so coach can suck it.

More name chanting, more #1 star, and his jersey made a shit ton of money for a police benefit auction thingy. $2,200! Good on whoever. I approve your taste in overpriced jerseys. Might treat myself to the archive of that game. Love me some Brusty violence and badassery.

And to wrap up the goalie awesome, Khudobin got a shutout for the Wild tonight, his first in the NHL. Awesome picture. Good for him after a lousy game Friday. Have I mentioned I don't miss him? At all?

----------------------

So I've pretty much just been laying in bed and coughing since I got back from New England. Today I'm not having a coughing fit when I go up our stairs, so I'm calling that progress. I should be relatively OK when it comes time to play hockey tomorrow night. Hopefully I'm more than okay for women's league. I miss my team!

Hate being so inactive for so long though. I feel like my muscles may have forgotten how to work! Or when I get back out there, they're gonna be all, "Nah. You're not a goalie any more. Sorry. You're a lazy couch potato again." Dammit!

It'll be fine though. *shallow, wheezing breath*

3 comments:

Ron  January 17, 2011 at 8:32 AM  

Ouch. Not that I'm one to talk, but when you're hocking a lung the cold air in a hockey rink is not that soothing.

Experience (and memories of lung cookies) talking here. Be smart out there...

artandhockey  January 17, 2011 at 9:50 AM  

It sure sucks! When one cannot suck in air without wheezing! Get well soon.
BTW I did mention you and your women's hockey league to some Canadian lady who played hockey and wants to take it up again, now that her kiddies are older (less mothering needed I gather).
So you might hear from her (in a most senior moment I forgot her name-but she works at Mossy Nissan-if that would help i.d. her?) Be kind to her-she'll need some heavy encouragement after those several years without hockey :-)!

maalivahti  January 17, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

That is a great picture. :) Man, sorry you're still so sick! See, this is why I don't fly. GERMS!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP