Monday, June 8, 2009

The Showdown: Coach vs. Coachee

Well, I really wanted the win tonight against Scott TFCG, as he was filling in for the regular guy, but it wasn't in the cards. He played a very good game and my guys on green just couldn't solve him apart from a couple of goals. Score was 4-2. Must have been nice for the red team to win though. That doesn't happen often. The green team is stacked AND they work harder.

I played alright. Didn't see a lot of shots but they had some good chances. The first goal was in close and I got a piece of it but it slipped either over or under my arm to go in. I think I kinda lost visual contact with the puck when I dropped to make the stop. Probably should have gotten a glove on it. Damn.

The next two were dekes by Mikey. Got me the exact same way twice in a row. Fuck. That's the shit that pisses me off... when I don't learn from my mistakes. Committed too early on a breakaway and left the net wide open behind me.

Blondie has a message for Mikey:


But Scott said his deke is a tough one, so I guess it will just take me a bit longer to find a way to stop him. I don't feel too bad about those. Almost got a stick across the bottom of the net on one of them, but didn't recognize how far away from the net I was in time to react.

The fourth goal was a just a piece of shit goal that kinda ruined an otherwise solid night of goaltending. Boo. Suck.

In the aggregate, nothing to really hang my head about tonight, so that's good. Had one really sick pad save that I just kicked my leg out and sent to the corner. I'd totally have babies with that save. It was beautiful and against a good shooter, so all the more enjoyable to stop him.

Anyway, most of all, it was good clean fun. I had a great time. Nice to have Amanda and Kyla (wife of Scott TFCG) out. Michelle got a pretty one-timer past Scotty and now he owes her lunch at Fogo de Chao, which is just fuckin' awesome. Watch him try to flee to Canada now... July 1, I predict.

What else? Oh, I wore my green Aeros practice sweater for the first time. Love it, even more than the red. Thank you, A! Now if I just had a matching glove and blocker, I'd have a pretty sweet get-up. Not that it matters when I'm out there, but ... well, I'm allowed to be a little vain right? Part of the fun of being a goalie is the gear.

Not sure I'll make it to a stick and puck this week. I missed almost a full week of work last week with computer problems (the joys of telecommuting), so I've got some making up to do. But who knows... the times are later now and the itch may strike on Wednesday.

Ah, the tired is finally setting in. Yay. Bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous  June 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

The last goal means Sunday you HAVE TO WORK YOUR ASS OFF! BRUHAHAHA! Next week is practice, as apart of the drills I am going to have the coaches dump pucks in and a times on you if they do break outs to get you out of the falling asleep at the wheel funk.

Ms. Conduct  June 8, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

Sounds good. I dunno why I get so retarded about those shots. Maybe I get used to novice leaguers liking to skate in with the puck all the time and am holding out for that and just not reacting fast enough to the shot. Maybe asleep at the wheel is a good description. I do have trouble focusing later in the game when I'm getting tired. Guess all this running crap Coach Stalin is making me do will help with that.

Sunshine36616  June 8, 2009 at 12:05 PM  

I totally laughed my ass off over the comment about Gaborik you left on my my site. I forgot I have a ton of pictures of them let me know if you are looking for someone particular.

Also, you mentioned Voros. I have a few pics of him as well :)


Good luck with the shots ;)

Ms. Conduct  June 8, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

Oh I love me some Voros! Mikko Koivu and Clutterbuck are my Wild boys. Though Brent Burns is delish as well. Whatcha got? :D

Unknown  June 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

Man, I just love you.
You write, you play, you ROCK.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP