Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fresh New Season

So... here it is. The sweaty season. Well, the sweatiest of the three sweaty seasons in Houston. But that's okay because we have a truly beautiful season of hockey to look back on.

And a sure-to-be-laughably-lame awards show in a few days, followed by the fresh meat parade draft a few days later. Then free agency and signings along the way and a new coach for the Wild and ... whatever that entails for Houston... and so forth.

Never a dull moment.

At least that's what I'm telling myself. Is it working on you as well as it's working on me?

Yeah.

So, anyway, my kindred spirit over at Getting Pucks Deep posted this of her lovely Flower, and I had to laugh at what he said his thought was in the amazing final seconds of last night's victory:



As any of my defensemen can attest, I say all of two things when it gets frantic in my paint (was gonna say "gets hairy in my crease" but... no):

SHIT!

SHIT!

SHIT!


and if I've lost sight of the puck:

WHERE IS IT?

Only once has someone had the wherewithal to give me an answer. I think it might have been Mitch, actually. All I know is whoever it was got a stick on it and took it out of the zone, god bless 'em.

------------

I cannot fail to congratulate the Hershey Bears who won the Calder Cup last night. I feel badly for them that the games were scheduled the same night, because it does steal their thunder a bit, but it's no less of an amazing achievement and I couldn't be more delighted to see the Moose lose almost in exactly the fashion they beat the Aeros. Enjoy the golf, hosers.

Keep an eye on Neuvirth. And someone tell me how to pronounce his name.

------------

Alright. Coach Stalin is dragging me out to run AND do abs. Why do I agree to these things? I better be a goddamn fucking good goalie one of these days as a result of this crap or I'm gonna be pissed.

It was 100 degrees on the bank sign we drove past at 2 this afternoon. It's gotta be at least 95 still. I'm full of seething hate at the thought of having to get out in it.

I'm jealous of the hockey boys who get to train in more forgiving climates in the summer. Must find a way to get a summer home someplace pleasant.

Okay okay. Going to get changed. *hmph*

7 comments:

KiPA - Kevin in PA  June 13, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

And yet, that wasn't the worst "live TV" moment by a Penguins employee last night...equipment manager Dana Heinze dropped the F-bomb when interviewed by a local news station.

beware the bear(s)  June 13, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

Neuvirth...Noywirt (the h is silent, the v is like w in window) or something like that.. could tell you better aloud.. :) Michal..meechaal (ch gutural like the x in Mexico).
Hey, re cooler climes, come on out to NM, SF has the Genoveva Chavez Center with: big icerink, truly resort style pool with ALL the trimmings, slide, lazy river etc., all the exercise equipment one would want, running track.. etc.and ALL INDOORS-it is huge, the rink is often very empty! and walking/running up and down those mountains at 7.000 feet WILL increase, for sure, your lung capacity..nights are cool around 50-55, days are DRY and around 85 or so, but with a small shower it can cool down 20 plus degrees in no time. The ground is so DRY the raindrops literally dry on the way down :)

hipcheck  June 13, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

I love French-Canadian goalies! They are all so cute and fun to listen to

Ms. Conduct  June 14, 2009 at 12:47 AM  

Kevin, "worst"... BEST! I love a good sneak of a cuss in there. Like when DiPi dropped an f-bomb during the ASG a couple of years ago.

So, if his nickname is Neuvy... do they pronounce it "nowy"? Hmmm... That place in SF sounds amazing! Odd to have an ice rink though isn't it? Though I hear some cruise ships have them now, which blows my mind.

His accent is heavier than most, it seems to me, Jenna. He's adorable though. Even with those gigantic chiclets.

Sunshine36616  June 14, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

Yes! Isn't Flower the cutest thing ever?? I love how he tapped the posts and kind of rubbed them after that puck hit the post.
I love his his chicklets, that's one of the things I like about him, he smiles a lot. And when he does, you can see every tooth in his head, lol.
Congrats to Hersey, too!

beware the bear(s)  June 14, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

well not 'nowy' exactly, LOL, more like n'oy'vy as in g'oy' which is the closest I can come to the phonetics for EU (Europe.. but not Urope) and the w here is more like the V in veranda... complicated ,eh! But with practice.... have fun thinking up oh so fitting 'pet'names...

KiPA - Kevin in PA  June 14, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Best, worst...it's all relative. What made it awesome was the freaking equipment manager doing it, not even a player.

Also, Fleury is awesome.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP