Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday night letter to the Wild boys

Dear Wild,

I don't get to see you as much as I used to. I've been busy keeping tabs on your little brother, playing my own games, and mentally fondling goalies all around North America. These things keep me busy.

Also, you haven't been very good for a while. Like, more than a year. So, you haven't exactly given me cause to miss you.

But occasionally I find a night like tonight where the Aeros aren't playing, I don't have a game, I don't have any other plans, I have sole control of the TV, and you're playing.

What's more, one of the kids is making his NHL debut and for me, those games are like watching a mother bird push its baby out of the nest for the first time. Fly, Scando, fly!

So tonight, it's you, me, a team with fucking PALM TREES on their sleeves, and maybe some pizza. And we're gonna do this thing. We're gonna get the W because you just can't give me another season like you gave me last year. You're better than that and you know it.

Cam Barker, I'd share my pizza with you because, god willing, you'll be in a suit for this game. But I don't like you, so you can make your own damn pizza.

Let's do this thing. Here's my side of the deal: I will draw an awesome picture of boobies for you if you will get me the win tonight. Really nice ones, too.

Deal? Deal.

Love (kinda),

Ms.C

7 comments:

Anonymous  November 12, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

Fucking amazing.

Nick in New York  November 12, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

I'm pretty sure that sums it up rather nicely.

Anonymous  November 12, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

Awesome and hilarious!
from Minnesotagirl71

artandhockey  November 12, 2010 at 7:31 PM  

Humor always wins! Well, it ought to. Forwards and Centers and Right and Left - wing it, goalies keep'em out!!

Dee  November 16, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

Well, at least you didn't fly to Atlanta to see them play Thursday night. I'm thinking of writing Craid Liepold a letter asking for my airfare back.

Ms. Conduct  November 16, 2010 at 6:44 PM  

True that. I wouldn't fly anywhere to see the Wild unless I was going there anyway.

Dee  November 19, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

I have family just outside of Atlanta so all was not lost, just the game, BIG time. Although it's always good to talk with Wild fans from other states.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP