Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Darn. Still a Sieve.

Lost 4-1 tonight. I could blame a very short-handed bench, but they actually were amazing and kept the puck away from me more than I had any right to expect.

I can't even blame the Bingo jersey, as it was safely tucked away in the dryer after being washed today.

I can only blame me. I don't FEEL unfocused but I clearly am. I'm not seeing the puck well and you don't let this many pucks in over 2 days if you're focused. I should be pressing for a shutout every game at women's league, so 4 goals is very disappointing. None were kitten-soft goals, but none were crazy good shots or anything. I should have had all of them.

My focus has been really good the last few weeks. Battling hard, doing things the right way. Maybe I'm a little burned out. It's hard for me to muster the necessary intensity for extended periods, as it's just not my nature. But those periods get longer and longer, so that's good.

Seems like stepping away from the game a bit recharges my batteries and gets me going again. With the holidays coming up, I'll get some breaks but not much really.

Though perhaps some "elective surgery" would provide the needed break. I'm getting a boob lift consultation tomorrow. Raise the titties! We'll see though. I think it may be too expensive to justify, but I'm interested to hear what she has to say at least. The fun bags are always fun, but frankly, I'm a boob girl and unless I switch teams, mine are all I have to entertain me. Gravity can go suck it for what it's done to them. *poor darlings*

Wonder if this doc has ever had to tell anybody how soon after surgery they can get slammed in the boobs with pucks.... :)

6 comments:

artandhockey  November 17, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

Good Luck with the body sculpture!

Anonymous  November 17, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

very random question..

Is Pete Zingoni still a part of the Aeros? If so, why hasn't he played in a game all year?

Ms. Conduct  November 17, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Yeah, he's still here. He's been injured since last season though. Not sure why he was re-signed unless Mill was just being nice.

maalivahti  November 17, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

Maybe you're trying too hard? You shouldn't be "pressing for a shutout". You should be stopping each puck as it comes to you. *gets off soapbox*

Good luck with the consultation. So weird that you said "mine are all i have to entertain me". Totally never thought of it like that!!! Dying to hear what the doc says about the puck question.

Ms. Conduct  November 18, 2010 at 1:06 AM  

Well, I don't me pressing quite so literally. Probably wasn't the right word. I really mean pressing the other team, not so much myself. The level of play in the league, a shutout is a very reasonable goal. I don't "expect" it realistically. But I want the other team to feel like, "Urgh, we're never getting the puck in the net!" :)

maalivahti  November 18, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

Ahhh. Ok that is a lot better. Much less pressure. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP