Tuesday, August 10, 2010

After all it was a great big world

I'm a smidge looped on vicodin, so I figure that's as good a time as any to blog it up, right?

Clinic was good tonight, even though I had to dial it waaaaay back because of my knee. It was one of those deals where I could have gone a lot harder, but seeing as I have a game tomorrow and am trying not to make my knee worse, I just tried to get as much out of it as I could without being a dumbass. Of course, I still did a bit, plus have a twinge in my back. So, to the bottle of vicodin I went. Feels like cheating, but I don't care.

Anyway, two of our drills tonight were geared toward "desperation" saves and getting comfortable with those. One of them, the Hasek rollover drill was pretty fun and even though I was kind of retarded at it, I was okay with being retarded at it because it's not the most elegant move anyway.

The other, though, I didn't capitalize on and was really the one I needed the most work at. But we only cycled through that station one time and I was at the end of my turn before I realized, damn, this is the drill where I was supposed to be flopping and all I was doing was what I always do: Drop into fly, kick rebound out, sit there like a statue. Ugh. Hopefully we'll do that again and I'll clue in a little better, because it was exactly the kind of drill I wanted to do to work on scrambling, but I was just unfocused and didn't get it done.

Practice time is so limited, I'm really annoyed with myself for dropping the ball there.

Ah well. I feel better anyway, about goalieing in general. Got my new chest protector working better with my mask. Chesty seems to be breaking in a little bit, too, so that's helpful. The only thing really still difficult about it is putting my sweater on over it. It gets hung up on the much-better-padded arms, but just a tug from a teammate and I'm on my way. That's what she said.

So, I'm looking forward to my game tomorrow. Or the vicodin is making me think I am. Hopefully my knee will feel good enough that I won't be so tentative out there. Hopefully I shook some of that injury rust off tonight at clinic.

I've got this song in my head tonight. Is it underrated or is it, again, the narcotics thinking for me? I'm not so looped to be unaware that that's a godawful picture of Tom Petty. Sorry.

2 comments:

SouthpawTRK  August 10, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

Good to hear that you were mindful of your knee during clinic; especially since you have a game today. Love the Tom Petty video; reminds me of Fast Times At Ridgemont High anytime that I hear it.

stevedash84  August 10, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

haha... "That's what she said!" Classic.

You're such a mess!! I hope you aren't falling apart :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP