Monday, April 11, 2011

Quick hits: Playoffs?!, InGoalMag piece, Fantasy

It's playoff time, bitches!

I'm a little bit WOOO! and a little bit "OMG I have to write about EVERY game??" Because seriously, I'm used to having time to craft and tinker over stories. But game stories? No time for that.

Plus, it all feels very jinxy having to start writing before the game is over. When I'm covering for Andrew for the Chronicle, it's like pulling teeth to open that blank page on my laptop during the first intermission, but I know I have to or I have no hope of making deadline.

Anyway, I think the Peoria match-up is a fun one, if not particularly advantageous. But really, in the West, who's "easy" to beat? Absolutely no one.

Mr.C and I immediately put the Boston/Montreal series on our Must See TV calendar. I mean, shit. That's got the makings of World War III.

And of course, I'll be keeping one googly eye on Binghamton and Manchester. The B-Sens got 8 players back from Ottawa Sunday. And I thought the 5 Aeros we're getting back felt like a lot.

Had to laugh at the Pirates vs. the Whale (nautical theme!) and the Bears vs. Checkers (both bear mascots... one grizzly, one polar) match-ups in the East. If you're the type who makes your picks based on the mascots, I'm not sure which way to go on those two.

----------------------------------

I finally put together my story from Thursday's adventure getting in net for some of the Aeros players and coaches and media. What a great time that was. You can read about it here: http://ingoalmag.com/news/on-the-ice-with-the-houston-aeros/

-----------------------------------

After finishing in last place last season, I finished 2nd in my fantasy hockey rotisserie league this season. The #1 guy was 30 points ahead of me. So I like to consider myself first place among the people who weren't cheating. ;) It's a keeper league and I have Jeff Skinner and Corey Perry, so I'm feeling pretty fucking rich for next year. I'mma go buy myself something silver to celebrate. Maybe a Hershey bar.

7 comments:

Nick in New York  April 11, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

great post on ingoal, H! What an experience!

Nick  April 11, 2011 at 10:23 AM  

So cool, looks like a lot if fun! I'm so jealous! Great piece over at ingoalmag.

Kramer  April 11, 2011 at 11:31 AM  

Wow that's great about the stuff with the Aero's! BTW you going down tonight!!!

Ms. Conduct  April 11, 2011 at 11:34 AM  

On whom?

Oh, you mean at drop-in... Ha!

Okay, probably so.

BTW, won't be at clinic. I literally have ONE night at home until next Tuesday. Got too much to do...

Anonymous  April 11, 2011 at 12:28 PM  

i am glad to see you correctly used the "whom"...

Great article in Ingoal mag.

Looked like a blast, and i am slightly jealous. LOL

Moose

Dee  April 14, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

Great article, pics and video! Were you grinning ear to ear the whole time, not just on the way home? Bravo for getting out there!

Ms. Conduct  April 14, 2011 at 9:55 AM  

Oh, no I was grinning the whole time out there, too. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP