Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Losing Weight

Ahhhhhh, what a night!

Monday nights with goalie clinic AND drop-in are so hard. I mean, it's over 2 hours on the ice, with an hour in the middle to sit there in my sweaty clothes and get cold and tired. It suuuuucks.

Clinic tonight was great, though I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm just starting. One of the drills, I just couldn't do. A simple stick save drill and I just couldn't do it for shit. I can't even explain it.

But we did a lot of movement work, butterfly slides and backside pushes and whatnot. The young lady (12?) helping Jason and me told us it took her about a year and a half of work to get that down pat. And she's got crazy quick legs. Very good goalie, very smooth. I'm jealous, but I know she's worked really hard to get that good. She's a bad ass and really inspiring.

Jason and I both bailed a little bit early because of drop-in. And I still ended up being pretty gassed in the last 20 minutes or so of our game.

Didn't help that all but 1 of the really fast guys who plays this drop-in (even some who aren't usually there) were on the ice. It's definitely more fun that way but I honestly think my mind was fading worse than my body. In fact, I was pretty happy with my legs not being ALL that tired, especially after the work in clinic.

But my brain was toast. Like, I'd just zone out, and look up, and there's an opponent in front of me with the puck on his stick. SHIT!

Still, had some nice saves, and more importantly, I burned off the lake of vodka I drank this weekend in Austin. Never mind all that I ate. Jesus. H. Austin.

So, I survived my marathon evening at SLICE. I brought my lappy to get some stuff done in the break between ice times and check in on the Aeros game. I was dismayed to see them down 2-1, then 3-1, then 3-2, then 3-3 as I got back on the ice.

The other weight off my shoulders was finding out, when I got in the car, that they won 5-3.

That's a big confidence building game. They had to find a way to reset themselves within the game and boy did they. Would love to see them finish the Rivs off tomorrow and avoid that ugly 3 in 3. I would also love to see ALL us prognosticators be WRONG. Not a single person picked Aeros in 4.

Well, I picked Aeros in 3, but that was a joke. :) Though that would have me coming closest without going over, so if we're playing by Price is Right rules, I win.

No more hockey this week and I'm glad. I hurt absolutely everywhere. From my toes to my knees, to my elbow (looking up "tennis elbow" after I press send on this post) to my back and neck. Wuss.

6 comments:

klemmer  April 19, 2011 at 9:46 AM  

You're a goalie.

If you don't hurt somewhere/everywhere, you're not doing it right.

Some good pix of your boy Brusty at ingoalmag should take care of the hurts...

Ms. Conduct  April 19, 2011 at 9:50 AM  

It's true. I always feel like I accomplished a lot when I feel like I got hit by a truck the next day. :)

And yeah, Brusty pictures do make everything better. That's why I keep a big poster of him over my desk. When I'm having a crap day, I sit back and just have a Brusty moment and things feel better.

Kramer  April 19, 2011 at 1:49 PM  

Hey the video of you on the monarch drill last night is pretty good, the girls weren't moving to fast but your movement was solid with them also when Fuller and Garret were coming in on you. I kind of like how that drill worked out with the skaters not moving too quick so the finesse was really shown by some of the keepers.

Ms. Conduct  April 19, 2011 at 1:56 PM  

I don't know why it is, but the net being filmed is always the last station for me, so I'm dog tired by then.

I'm super proud of myself for getting up on my weak side so many times last night. Still feels extremely weird, but I really appreciated getting to just focus on that yesterday.

maalivahti  April 25, 2011 at 5:41 AM  

I'm still super jealous of your goalie clinics. :P I feel like I'm getting so sloppy, but coaching is just out of the question right now. I'll just have to live through your clinics. ;)

Ms. Conduct  April 25, 2011 at 7:38 AM  

Well, whenever I don't wanna go, I think of you and think how lucky I am to have this and I drag myself out anyway. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP