Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cabbage Patch

I was in such a good mood after goalie clinic last night that I didn't even feel the need to write. It was a good night and Scotty's really become a heck of a goalie coach.

Even better is the group is about half little kids and half adults, so the little kids kinda do the whining for me. As long as somebody's saying it, I don't have to. :) It's cool though, because they're also game for pretty much anything you tell them to do.

Scott sent out an email with our agenda for the clinic and pretty much everything on it was stuff that gives me anxiety (because I'm bad at it), but everybody's so busy doing their own thing, it doesn't matter if you're bad at it.

One of our fun drills was King of the Dot, where one goalie is on the face off dot and the other goalie tries to push them off the dot. I was Queen of the Dot in the first round and nobody got a blocker to the face or their nuts cracked, so I consider that a success. Jason beat me in the "finals" but I held my own for a while. I really like shoving people. Like, a lot.

I even kinda like being shoved, though that's probably something to do with not getting laid in a while. I don't understand why people get so pissed at me when I do it to them when they're screening me. It's a compliment. You're doing your job and pissing me off. You should revel in that!

Anyway, crap I'm sore. In a good, productive way, so I'm pretty happy about that.

3 comments:

M. Richter  June 22, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

I really like shoving people. Like, a lot.

This? This is why I'm going into Defense. Well, that, and the fact that I've still got just a little too much ingrained flinch-reflex to ever play goalie well.

Glad to hear you had a good time! Those workouts are always the best (and isn't it nice when someone else does the complaining and you can just sit back and catch your breath?)

Anonymous  June 23, 2010 at 2:15 PM  

Actually the "Queen of the Dot" came in 3rd. Craig held Jason off the dot while you were dominant over Bang so you versus Jason was the battle for second... oh by the way I was able to push Craig off the dot but I don't count. Next week will be more shot related but I still need to think of my evil warm up drill to make you all wore out.

Ms. Conduct  June 23, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

Awww dammit! Well, it was still fun shoving those guys. I crushed Bang.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP