Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend Update

In the excitement of Prospect Watch 2008, I failed to post any of my training this week, which consisted entirely of making sure the couch didn't float away and nursing a banged up wrist (from what, I couldn't say... an accumulation of abuse, I guess).

That is until Friday when Coach Stalin and I busted out the outdoor puck and wooden sticks and went to the open air basketball court for a little passing practice. It was pretty fun but did my wrist no favors.

Yesterday, Coach and Mr. Stalin came over to Wii for a few hours. We wore ourselves out! The boxing is an especially good workout. My shoulders and upper back are definitely feeling it today. Even my hip is sore, which I can't figure out.

Anyway, the exciting thing is that I got a little chunk of Mr. Conduct's bonus and decided to buy myself some inline skates (RBK 5k Forsaken)! It's one of those things I've wanted for a while but couldn't justify buying unless I ended up with some mad money. The nice thing is I can use my bike helmet rather than having to buy another hockey helmet without a cage. Plus bike helmets are a lot cooler and have a ponytail hole.

There's a flat 1 mile loop that's closed to cars near my house that cyclists and rollerbladers can ride on safely, so that will be good for training. Should spare me some trips out to the suburbs to skate and some ice fees.

Game tonight, and it's the last one for two weeks since Labor Day is next weekend. Several members of the team are going to a novice league tournament in College Station over the weekend. At some point, I'll be up for something like that but not yet. I'm sure they'll have a great time though. Not really nervous about tonight, thankfully. But I do need a nap... :)

4 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  August 24, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

God I love Wii boxing. I hijack my brothers Wii all the time and play nothing but the boxing for hours. The only problem is that I
some(alot)times uh kind of knock stuff over in the house. Oh well. I'm practiceing for my hockey fights (someday). *laughs*

hipcheck  August 24, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

Man I want a Wii but it is one of those things I can't justify buying right now.

I love rollerblading but I haven't found any place in Phoenix for rollerblading. Back home, I used to go to those loop around a lake. It was so nice.

Good luck with your game tonight!

Ms. Conduct  August 25, 2008 at 1:12 AM  

OMG, I dunno how you can box for hours. You must have shoulders of steel!

Yeah, I'm just hoping the rollerblades don't screw up my ice skating. A few things are VERY different, like stopping, but really, I just want to use them to build more power and speed in my legs. Quads of steel!

Life_As_A_Redhead  August 27, 2008 at 4:56 PM  

Yea, hours. 2 or 3 at a time. Sometimes they play with during the same times and we trade off. There kinda fitness freaks and I try to keep up with them.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP