Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thank you, Hockey Gods

I played an attentive, focused game tonight, and the girls in front of me were awesome, and it all resulted in a nice little 2-1 win.

While I'm very happy for the win, I definitely feel like on my part at least, there was a lot of luck. Like the hockey gods were throwing me a bone. You know those saves where it really could have gone either way? If you'd not gotten your toe over that extra inch, if you hadn't gotten your pad on top of that one that bounced into your 5-hole, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is the bounces were in my favor tonight and even though I stopped every thing I saw (the one goal against, I described as a "a sea of butts"--I never saw it leave the stick--just went down and hoped for a low shot), I know it wasn't because I was playing lights out or anything.

Seems important to recognize when you got the good bounces so those nights you get the bad bounces don't seem so heinous and unfair.

I got some laughs from a few of the girls when a puck was sort of threatening my crease while one of my D was trying to settle it down, and I let out a SHRIEK. I do that less than I used to, but hey, sometimes it happens. "That was so... girly!" Ro says. Hey, I have boobs and a vagina! I do girly things sometimes!

---------------------------

I was concerned how it was going to go tonight because I've been moving at groaning, moaning geriatric speeds today thanks to my hamstrings and quads being in absolute agony after Monday's workout and game. The squats and stuff really did me in.

Fortunately, our friend adrenaline has a way to making those aches just fuck right off while you're playing. I didn't even notice or feel tired legs. Felt really good actually (I'm liking the Sweetstick so far). And am sore still, but no worse for the wear, now that I'm home.

Tomorrow is a workout day off though. Thursday is back at it and maybe start the yoga classes on Friday? We'll see.

1 comments:

maalivahti  February 6, 2011 at 9:11 AM  

Glad you're liking the workouts. I mean... they suck, but in a good way. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP