Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Okay! I get it!

My angles suck! I'm drifting to the shooter! 4-1 loss tonight. And Captain Nightmare wasn't even there. Their new forward was though. She looks like one of the high school girls I see practicing Mondays before drop-in. She's good.

Luckily, we got a new gal who is Canadian! Woohoo! She was really good and all over the place. And hasn't played organized hockey in 15 years. You'd never know it. I swear Canadians come out of the womb already trusting their edges....

Anyway, I don't feel too awful about it. 2 bad angle goals (fixable), 1 fluky bouncy one that rolled over my shoulder, and one that just beat me glove side. Fucking glove.

I'm never writing about something I do well ever again. It invariably falls apart on me. Or maybe I'll try reverse psychology....

Boy am I good at avoiding shutouts! It really comes naturally to me! No goose eggs for me, bitches! BOOM!

Aaaand, let the experiment begin. :)

Meanwhile, I get to let someone else stop the pucks for a few days and I'm glad for that. On the docket Friday is Milwaukee vs. Chicago (in MKE), then Saturday, the MKE crew and I drive to St. Paul and catch the Wild vs. Blues. It's my first Wild game AT the Xcel, so I'm pretty jacked for that. And then Sunday afternoon is Aeros vs. Peoria at the Xcel.

The weather looks to be cold but not pound you in the ass cold and no precipitation, so that's aces. My hotel is in walking distance of the X and stumbling distance of the bars around the X, so that's also aces. It will just be nice to get outta dodge and have some fun. I haven't been drinking nearly enough lately and I can feel it in my sore shoulders.



Now I want nachos.

3 comments:

artandhockey  February 9, 2011 at 8:20 AM  

was that Canadian the one I told about you all (from Mossy)..? Just asking!

Ms. Conduct  February 9, 2011 at 11:06 AM  

I have no idea, but it crossed my mind. She said someone told her about the league at work, so maybe? Really tall blonde woman? If so, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :)

artandhockey  February 10, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

Well, don't remmeber if she was really that tall..blond, yes!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP