Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Roaches from heaven...

Here's a list of stuff:

  • House buying is a real ass pounding. House buying in a flood plain with plans to build an addition is an ass pounding with your head against a wall. Sorry for the disturbing visual but that pretty much explains my last 3 or 4 days. And it's only just begun.
  • I suck at goaltending. But I had fun tonight. Made some big stops. Let in some stinkers. I like when the skaters are tired and impatient. I don't like when skaters put pity shots on me because they're so convinced they'll score if they put a real shot on me. Screw you.
  • The ice was AWFUL tonight. I pushed over to make a save and ended up halfway to the boards, the ice was so wet 10 minutes into the game. Goal.
  • A roach fell on to the ice from the ceiling while we were playing. Can you imagine if that thing fell down and into your gear? Don't imagine it. I just did and it was a nightmarish and embarrassing scene. But that's hockey in Houston, baby! Skating in puddles and big ol' roaches out on the ice with you.
  • Camp Brusty starts SUNDAY! I'm very excited. Not only to see Brusty, though I won't lie, that's most of it. But to see the camp come to fruition after months of working toward it. Looking forward to turning it over to Sean and Brusty and enjoying the sight of all those goalies bouncing around the ice. :)
  • Camp is pretty much full. We exceeded my expectations for registrations, so I'm pleased about that. But that means I'm probably not going to get on the ice unless the herd thins a bit. I don't want to take away instruction time from paying students. Maybe I'll hop on later in the week.
  • But frankly, I'm not in shape for it. I've played about 4x in the last 6 weeks and that's just an hour drop-in. Goaltending and training just haven't been a high priority between playoffs and house hunting and work. And with women's league not starting until July, there hasn't been much opportunity.
  • Did I mention Brusty will be in town? :D Yaaaay! I'm fond of him.
  • Channeled him a bit tonight. Big Bird came in on a breakaway but he got a little too close, took a little too long, so I jumped out there and jabbed the puck away from him as he was skating across the slot. His teammate gathered it up and I had to dive back and try to get my stick on it. I'm actually not sure if I did or if he hit the crossbar or what. Sounded like my stick but I was in flight and didn't entirely see where the puck went. But it didn't go in the net, so suck on that, boys!
  • My elbow really hurts. I hate to get a doctor involved and I keep hoping massage will work it out, but I dunno. My whole forearm is jacked up. Bet I can still pick up a pint of beer though. #playinghurt
  • Vicodin. Yay!
  • Guy at the rink tonight appeared to be wearing a set of Brusty's old gear. TPS pads, Vaughn blocker and glove. Green, gold and cream from 2008. Rec goalies don't wear TPS pads, so it caught my eye. And then I stared at him a lot. I so associate TPS pads with Brusty that pretty much any goalie in them, I'm salivating. Though this guy actually was pretty good, and really bailed his crappy team out a lot. Good work, Not-Brusty!
Okay, that is all.

10 comments:

klemmer  June 21, 2011 at 7:58 AM  

ummm... This goalie used to sport TPS Bionics....

good post, as usual-you paint quite a picture with your words!

Ms. Conduct  June 21, 2011 at 8:12 AM  

Ya gotta admit seeing TPS Response on rec goalies, especially in the last 3-4 years, is pretty uncommon, right? I guess you do see the Bionics more. I've never seen anybody in Responses though.

ruffing232  June 21, 2011 at 11:44 AM  

I was the goalie wearing the equipment last night ;) Yep, I've bought my equipment from Brust, Schaeffer, Harding, and just about anyone else that has come through the Aeros. Anyways, thanks for the props. We had a lot of guys out yesterday and that game managed to clinch a playoff spot and knock the other team out.

Ms. Conduct  June 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM  

Hahaha! Awesome. I hope you weren't creeped by me molesting you and your gear with my eyes. :D You played GREAT and absolutely needed to. I wanted to go yell at your bench for all those 2 on 1s I saw. Ugh. Glad you won though. They owe you a bunch of beer for it.

ruffing232  June 21, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

No problem at all. I check out other guys gear too. I'll have to stop down the rink and have you get Brusty to sign his old pads. FYI, the last game I played for those guys on Thursday night I gave up 11. From one goalie to another, just stop the next shot ;)

Ms. Conduct  June 21, 2011 at 12:36 PM  

Absolutely! Come on down. I know he'd be happy to sign them for you!

Kym @ Travel Babbles  June 21, 2011 at 1:46 PM  

Hello! I was poking around the internet and found your blog. I just wanted to let you know that I like your layout and writing style :)

Kym

Ms. Conduct  June 21, 2011 at 2:06 PM  

Aww, thanks Kym. Yours is really nice, too! And your dog is freaking adorable!

klemmer  June 22, 2011 at 8:08 AM  

Yeah- I think I've seen 1, maybe 2 sets of Responses around KC. I alot of Reebok and Vaughn.

I think there's 2 of us sporting Simmons. It's a shame, because my UL6 pads puts the Reebok stuff to shame.

maalivahti  June 23, 2011 at 3:59 PM  

I've seen a guy in TPS pads, but yeah as a whole you don't see that much. Couldn't tell you what model they were other than the same color pattern Lundqvist had when he had them.

Why are you buying a house in a flood plain????

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP